You will be staying very close to local Addington eateries, bars and cafés, Hagley Park (450m), Court Theatre (300m), Horncastle (formerly CBS) Arena (800m), Railway Station (1.2km – walk via Whiteleigh Ave and Lincoln Rd), Tower Junction Shopping (1.2km), Riccarton/Westfield Mall (2.4km or on 120 or Orbitor bus route), AMI Rugby Stadium (home of the Crusaders) and Addington Raceway (950m), Cashel Street City Re:Start Mall (1.8km), University of Canterbury (3.9km or on Orbitor bus route), hospital (1.3km), and Pioneer Stadium (3.6km).
Try out the local social scene at: Addington Coffee Co, Court Theatre, Mosaic, Pedal Pusher Bar, Morrell and Co, O'Sullivans Irish Bar, Retropolitan Social Club.
- City Centre buses: City Bus Orange Line to and from the central bus exchange leave every 15min weekdays and every 30min weekends and drop in front of Jailhouse. Orbitor or 120 Bus to Westfield Mall, University, etc
- Railway Station: Closest budget Christchurch accommodation to the Railway Station.
- Backpacker buses: Drop-off and pick-up point for Kiwi Experience bus. Pick-ups for some Atomic Shuttle services.
- Airport: Supershuttle to/from Christchurch Airport runs 24/7. Book online here, using Jailhouse as the hotel name, and Addington as the suburb.
- City Centre walk: Lovely walk alongside Hagley Park to the Christchurch Botanical Gardens, Museum, Re:Start Mall and the City Bus Exchange.
We are the closest budget accommodation to the Christchurch Railway Station, Horncastle (CBS) Arena, AMI Stadium (home of the Crusaders rugby team) and venue for All Black test rugby, and Addington Raceway for the famous Christchurch Show Week events. Check out other unique things to do in Christchurch at Travelmag.com.