You will be staying very close to local Addington eateries, bars and cafés, Hagley Park (450m), Court Theatre (300m), Horncastle (formerly CBS) Arena (800m), Railway Station (1.2km – walk via Whiteleigh Ave and Lincoln Rd), Tower Junction Shopping (1.2km), Riccarton/Westfield Mall (2.4km or on 120 or Orbitor bus route), Orangetheory Rugby Stadium (home of the Crusaders) and Addington Raceway (950m), Cashel Street City Centre (1.8km), University of Canterbury (3.9km or on Orbitor bus route), Christchurch hospital (1.3km), and Pioneer Stadium (3.6km).
Try out the local social scene including: Coffee Culture (50m) Addington Coffee Co, Court Theatre, Mosaic, Pedal Pusher Bar, Morrell and Co, O'Sullivans Irish Bar.
- City Centre buses: City Bus Orange Line to and from the central bus exchange leave every 15min weekdays and every 30min weekends and drop in front of Jailhouse. Orbitor or 120 Bus to Westfield Mall, University, etc
- Railway Station: Closest budget Christchurch accommodation to the Railway Station.
- Airport: Supershuttle to/from Christchurch Airport runs 24/7. Book online here, using Jailhouse as the hotel name, and Addington as the suburb. Uber - there is an Uber pickup area outside the Arrival halls. Taxi - Taxi syands operate out side the Arrival halls. Bus - catch the bus to city Bus exchange then change to Orange Line.
- City Centre walk: Lovely walk alongside Hagley Park to the Christchurch Botanical Gardens, Museum, Re:Start Mall and the City Bus Exchange.
- Parking: We have free off street parking outside the building, with the entrance off Lincoln Road. Lincoln Rd is off Moorhouse Ave or take Addington exit from Southern Arterial Motorway
We are the closest budget accommodation to the Christchurch Railway Station, Horncastle (CBS) Arena, Orangetheory Stadium (home of the Crusaders rugby team) and venue for All Black test rugby, and Addington Raceway for the famous Christchurch Show Week events. Check out other unique things to do in Christchurch at Cityscape and Eventfinda.